Library & Information Center
The Central Library began its existence in 2004. Since then, it has grown in size and content along with the Sree Chaitanya College of Engineering to take the present shape. All these years, it has been the life-line for the academic activity of the institute. At present, it stands as a modern library with a lot of automation and as the largest in terms of the number of books and journals.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Members, while entering the Library Information Centre Must Show the I.D. Card
2. Members must produce their Identity Card at the time of borrowing books and failing which the library staff can refuse to issue library books to the members.
3. Only members will be eligible to borrow from library and information centre. Each member can borrow only One (01) book at-a-time with the borrowers Identity Card.
4. Reference books, Rare books, Reserve books, Journals and Magazines of loose issues and bound volumes, Dissertations, CD's, DVD's are not lent out of the library and Information centre.
5. Library books are not transferable.
6. Books should be checked before they are taken out of the library and Information centre and any injury or damage should be immediately reported in the circulation counter to the staff on duty.
7. Unless point out at the time of issue, the borrower will be held fully responsible for any damage of injury caused to the book noticed at the time of return.
8. Readers should not deface, mark, mutilate or damage of library and information centre materials in anyway, the borrower is solely responsible for the return of the material in good condition. If any one is found doing any damaged caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and information centre and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
9. Punishment and Fine will be imposed in the case of mutilation or theft of library and information centre material(s)
10. A penalty of late return per day per book Rs. 1/- (One Rupee) for first 30 days, Rs. 2/- (Two Rupees) charged from 31 days to 60 days Rs.5/- (Five Rupees) will be charged if the book is not returned on or before the due date.
11. Books due on a holiday should be returned on next morning and no fine will be collected.
12. Books normally issued for the duration of 10days only except the scheme books, which are issued on semester basis.
13. The loan period may be shortened by the librarian if the books are on special demand.
14. The borrower may renew the library and information centre on or before due date, for renewing presentation of the material is necessary.
15. The returned books will not be renewed to the same person on the same day of return. However, after returning they can be re-issued immediately provided nobody is in the 'Q' for the same book.
16. Issued books will not be accepted on the same day return
17. Librarian reserves the right to recall any issued books from any member at any time, even before the due date.
18. Books will not be issued unless dues area cleared. After returning the previous semester books only, a member will be eligible to take the next semester books. Members should return the total books at the end of each semester exams, otherwise they will be charged and "No Dues" clearance will not be issued. 19. There is a gate register near the entrance of library and information centre. If you have taken library material, record the details of material and sign in the gate register.
20. Do not take any book out of the reference section, without permission of the librarian.
21. Members should not be shelve books and periodicals of other material after consultation but should be left on the table "Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost".
22. Books once issued, should not be brought inside, unless it is to be returned.
23. Loss of borrowed material of library and information centre must be reported in writing immediately to the circulation counter staff on duty to avoid fine. Late fee, will be charged till t he loss of book is reported. If the original library book is returned after reporting as lost then fine will be calculated till the date of its return.
24. If the book is lost or torn-off, it has to be replaced with new book of the same edition or latest edition or pay an amount equal to double the current price of the book.
25. If the one book is lost belonging to the set of multi-volume books, cost of the entire volumes will be recovered from the borrower.
26. If the replace is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged 3 times the cost of book, if the book is in print or out-of-print 4 times the cost of book will be charged.
27. Final year students should return the books to the library and information centre for obtaining "No Dues" Clearance and paying any dues outstanding against them, if any.
28. A member can reserve a book which is on loan by filling a prescribed register available at circulation counter.
29. Dissertations are to be consulted within the library and information centre premises only, dissertation cannot be Xeroxed.
30. Readers should maintain Silence, engage in conversation in any part of the library and information centre, causing annoyance to other users in anyway.
31. All visitors are advised to Switch-off the Mobile Phones as soon as they enter in the library and information centre.
32. Book bank books will be issued to the students who receive post metric scholarship from SC and ST Corporation of State Government, all the books should be returned immediately after the completion of semester exams.
33. Readers are not allowed to bring personal belongings like, books, printed materials and bags etc., inside the library and information centre. The materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not leave their precious and valuable items like Money purse, ATM cards, Calculators, Cell Phones etc., at the property counter. (However, they can carry loose white papers).
34. Readers leaving the library and information centre should allow the library/security staff at the exit to examine their personal belongings and the library material borrowed or taken out of the library and information centre by them may be checked.
35. The librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving in the library and information centre.
Rules & Regulations