Computer Science and Engineering Department
The Department of CSE commenced in 2008 with an intake of 60. The department presently has an intake of 120 for B.Tech course and an intake of 36 for M.Tech course. It has the necessary infrastructural facilities required for imparting high quality education and the department is fully structured to meet the contemporary needs of the industry. Imparting high quality education is supported by well qualified and experienced faculty, further support is extended by technically skilled and competent programmers.
The department consists of CP Lab, DBMS Lab, JAVA Programming Lab, Web Technologies Lab, Data Structures Lab, Case Tools Lab, Software Testing Lab, ITWS Lab, LP Lab, Data Mining Lab, OS Lab, CD Lab and exclusive labs for PG course students. The various licensed software are Oracle10g, Rational Rose, Turbo CPP Editor, Microsoft Windows and Semantic Antivirus.
The department regularly organizes State & National Level Symposiums, Seminars and Workshops. Faculty members participate in various workshops, seminars and conferences in-house and elsewhere. The students of this department actively participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Many of the alumni are placed in premier companies in India and abroad. The department has started the IEEE-Computer Society and CSI chapters through which regular seminars and workshops are organized by the students.
The department has set a goal of evolving the computing facilities into a full-fledged research and development center.
1. To make efforts in getting the department accredited by NBA
2. To organize a national level faculty development programme
3. To organize an Industrial Tour for the students of CSE
4. To achieve 85% pass percentage for the students of CSE
5. To achieve campus placements for at least 70% of the students
6. To encourage faculty to carry out consultancy and research work.
1. To develop state of the art laboratories for software development
2. To organize a national level student symposium on Emerging Trends in CSE
3. To achieve 100% pass percentage for the students of CSE
4. To achieve campus placements over 90% of the students
5. To make the department a centre of excellence in respect of R&D activities
6. To collaborate and get sanction of projects from organizations like UGC, AICTE, CSIR, DRDO, and software industries
7. To develop links with reputed educational institutions in India and abroad.
To evolve as a centre to produce excellent CSE Engineers....,
To adopt pedagogical processes to meet the Educational Objectives and Outcomes of B.Tech Programme in CSE Engineering.
To train students to take up projects in core as well as inter-disciplinary areas in tune with industry leading to research.
To develop infrastructure necessary for research through collaboration with leading organizations in CSE Engineering.